While management of waste is a major challenge for urban India, it is also one of the sustainable energy generation resources and has the potential to improve the economy of the country. Given the urgent need to focus on the subject and realizing the economic potential which could be generated from waste, CII has been working on developing some waste to worth initiatives to facilitate better policy and waste management practice that combines protection of the environment and human health while capitalizing on the economic and strategic advances.
- Enabling sustainable environment with appropriate solid waste management in India
- Policy Advocacy and Recommendations to Government
- Pilot project (s) to demonstration of end-to-end (collection, segregation, transportation, processing, safe disposal) municipal solid waste management solutions for a few wards of an Indian city.
- Networking and Learning Platforms –International Conference, Seminars and webinars on various aspects of waste management & recycling
- Awards & Recognition- Recognizing the exemplary work of India industry in various categories of waste management
- Stakeholder Engagements –Government, International Waste agencies, industry, academia, research institutes and media
Sub- committees under CII Task Force on Waste to Worth
Two (02) sub-committees under CII Task force on Waste to Worth are constituted towards addressing the specific challenges and recommendations related to MSW, plastics, C&D wastes and industrial wastes generated by Indian Industry.
Exclusive Session & Web-based Seminars
Number of focused web-based seminars, exclusive sessions, and round tables have been organized by CII under its waste to worth initiatives. The objective of these sessions/ webinars are as follows
- To create awareness amongst the stakeholders regarding the waste management, rules & regulations such Municipal Solid Waste Management, Plastic Waste Management, E-waste Management, Extended Producer Responsibility, Industrial Waste etc
- To bring together government officials, policy makers, ministries, municipalities, research institutes, universities, international waste management companies, start-ups and technology providers together to share their perspectives and solutions in waste management area
- To engaging the industry and exploring partnerships, both in India and International.